Dinesh Patel is a Consultant Surgeon specialising in the management of adult urinary tract conditions. He has offices in Campsie and Liverpool in Sydney, Australia.
He is a graduate of the University of New South Wales and was appointed a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2000. He is a member of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand and the European Association of Urology.
Dinesh has been in specialist practice for over 16 years and has achieved extensive experience and expertise in performing many urological procedures, including major cancer surgery, with excellent outcomes.
His main areas of interest are the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer, male urinary problems due to prostate enlargement, and kidney stones. He also looks after many individuals with other urological conditions including kidney, bladder and testicular cancer, urinary symptoms and urinary tract infections.
As a qualified robotics surgeon, Dinesh utilises the very latest robotic technology, the da Vinci Xi system. Using the da Vinci robot, in conjunction with many years experience in successfully treating prostate cancer, ensures that his patients achieve the best possible results from radical prostatectomy.
Dinesh provides a personalised approach for his patients, taking into account their individual needs and circumstances. He is always open and honest with his patients, ensuring that all management and treatment options are discussed. As one of his patients, you can be confident you are receiving the best care available.
Visiting Medical Officer at:
- Canterbury Hospital (Head of Department)
- Bankstown Hospital
- NSW Stone Treatment Centre, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Hurstville Private Hospital
- Senior Lecturer appointment at the University of Notre Dame, Sydney
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
- Transperineal and "Fusion Technology" Prostate Biopsy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Prostatic Obstruction (including the Rezum rocedure)
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Kidney Cancer Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Kidney Stone Treatment (Shockwave and Laser Stone Surgery)
- Bladder Cancer Resection and Surveillance
- Adult Circumcision
- Male Urinary Incontinence - "ATOMS" adjustable continence device
- Second Opinions
- MBBS, FRACS