Dr Aaron Hayek is a Consultant Paediatrician. He graduated from the University of New South Wales, with Honours, in 2003, and trained further in the Sydney Children's Hospital Network. Dr Hayek is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. He is a Consultant VMO (Visiting Medical Officer) in St. George Private Hospital and Hurstville Private Hospital. He sees patients in his consulting rooms within Hurstville Private Hospital.
Dr Hayek specialises in children’s health at all ages - from newborns to adolescents. He is passionate about helping families work through difficult times, and with concerns that range from common questions to managing and co-ordinating complex and chronic conditions. He maintains close contact with other paediatric services and sub-specialists. He places a priority on communication with parents and other health professionals, and encourages active involvement by his older patients during consultations.
Areas of Sub-Specialty/Special Interests:
- Newborn health care, including care of neonates in Special Care Nurseries of St. George Private and Hurstville Private Hospitals.
- Infant sleep and feeding difficulties, including assessment of colic, reflux, and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Growth concerns.
- Developmental and behavioural concerns at all ages, including challenging behaviours, developmental delay and disability, anxiety, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, learning difficulties, hearing loss and language difficulties.
- Detailed assessment, advice and monitoring of medical conditions, including asthma, constipation, eczema, sleep disorders, headache, frequent infections, etc.
- Chronic & complex care, ensuring coordinated care, between multiple health professionals including GPs, other specialists, and allied health professionals.
- BSc (Med), MBBS (Hons), FRACP
- Physical Address
Hurstville Paediatrics, Suite 1, Level 1, Hurstville Private Hospital
37 Gloucester Rd, HURSTVILLE NSW 2220Phone: 02) 9570 2755Fax: (02) 9570 3155